We are currently accepting applications for Sports Counselors, Riding Counselors and an Assistant to our Riding Director.
The Forrestel counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing riding and sports experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The staff member will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants that focus on the Forrestel core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Organize and teach both lessons/Sports to various ages and abilities
• Assist and lead evening and weekend special events programs and activities.
• Live in a platform tent at the Camp Site and be responsible for the care of 4-6 campers of similar age ranging from 7-16.
• Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
• Ensure that tent and Camp Site areas are kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
• Communicate with about camper’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
• Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and ???.
• Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
• Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
Qualifications – Required
• Minimum age of 19 or completion of 1st year of college (or equivalent).
• Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
• Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification?.
• Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
• Ability to be confident around all types and ages of horses, including you horses in training.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Live in provided housing (platform tent at Camp Site).
• Available for full length of camp season, including training and set-up dates and post-camp wrap-up and clean-up.
• Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, horseback riding, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, physical games, and activities.